Initial Consultation Agreement
This Initial Consultation Agreement is made between Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultant Ellen Adams (the "RCIC"), Membership Number R512948 and the undersigned Client ("you") for the purpose of:
- Getting the facts about you and your immigration situation;
- Reviewing the relevant laws and offering preliminary advice;
- Answering questions;
- Explaining the immigration process and how we can assist you to effectively work through that process;
- Determine the next steps in the process;
- When possible, we also provide our best approximation of how long the case might be expected to take and how future fees will be charged.
In exchange for scheduling a Consultation up to 60 minutes in duration, you agree to pay a fee of USD $315 (5% GST included).
The fee for the Initial Consultation is not refundable.
Both parties agree that if the Client decides to hire us within 10 days for the full legal representation in immigration matter before Citizenship and Immigration Canada, the fee paid for these services will be credited towards the full legal representation fees.
This Agreement shall be governed by the laws in effect in the Province of British Columbia and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein.
Please be advised that Ellen Adams is a member in good standing of the College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CCIC) and as such, is bound by its By-law, Code of Professional Ethics, and Regulations.
The Client agrees and understands that this agreement does not constitute an engagement of the RCIC to act as your Authorized Representative in respect of any matters relating to Immigration. Refugees and Citizenship Canada, and/or the Canada Border Services Agency. The Client acknowledges that any further engagement of the RCIC will require a further written agreement with different terms.