#250 - 997 Seymour St. Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6B 3M1
Family Sponsorship

Spousal Sponsorship

Spouses, Partners, and Dependent Children

If you are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, and are at least 18 years old, you can invite your spouse or dependent children to immigrate to Canada and receive permanent resident status.

Types of Sponsorship

You can apply for Spousal Sponsorship either from inside or outside of Canada. There are certain benefits and drawbacks from either way. We can assist you in choosing an option that best suits your needs. As a result of a recent change, if you sponsor your spouse from inside of Canada, your spouse or partner may receive an open work permit while the application is being processed. There are many requirements that you, as a sponsor, and your family members must meet in order for your application to be approved.

Basic Conditions

  • You must care for (i.e. food, clothing, shelter), and provide financial support for your family. Once your family members receive permanent residence, they should not ask for financial help from Canadian government.
  • Your family members must take a medical exam, get a police certificate, and get a background check

You may not be eligible if you:

  • Have been sponsored to immigrate to Canada by your partner within the last five years
  • Currently have a bankrupt status
  • Did not yet fully repay, or violated repayment terms of an immigration loan
  • Currently receive financial support from Canadian government. This does not apply to disability support
  • Currently in prison, or have previously committed a crime or a serious offense

Spousal Sponsorship includes many conditions that change frequently, and we would be pleased to assist you with the application process. Bring your loved ones to Canada and enjoy a brighter future together!