#250 - 997 Seymour St. Vancouver, BC, Canada, V6B 3M1
Choose authorized Canadian immigration representative

Choose the Right Immigration Representative

The decision to immigrate to a foreign country is possibly the biggest decision you'll ever make in your life. Choosing the authorized and reliable immigration representative to aid you in obtaining Canadian visa is an equally important decision.

Canadian immigration laws, policies, and procedures are complex and constantly changing. The requirements are specific and differ from visa to visa. You need someone with the right knowledge and experience to achieve the best outcome for you.

Under Canadian law (the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) anyone providing Canadian immigration advice, or representing an individual on immigration matters, either for a fee or other consideration, must be a member in good standing of ICCRC. Members of ICCRC are known as Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCICs).

The Government of Canada will not deal with non-authorized immigration representatives who charge a fee for their service. Your application for the Canadian visa will be returned to you if:

  1. You have appointed a representative and did not submit the Use of a Representative form or this form was submitted incomplete.
  2. You appointed an immigration consultant who is NOT a member in good standing of the Immigration Consultants of Canada Regulatory Council (ICCRC).
  3. Exceptions are members in good standing of provincial or territorial law societies, or the Chambre des notaires du Qu├ębec.

Checking your Canadian immigration consultant's registration and standing

How can I check if an immigration consultant is certified to give me immigration advice or represent my interests in the Canadian immigration process?

To check, if your Canadian immigration consultant is certified with ICCRC Canada to give you an immigration advice or represent your interests in the Canadian immigration process, please navigate to www.iccrc-crcic.ca website and follow instructions in the video below:

Ghost Immigration Consultants

Beware of ghost immigration consultants who are not authorized by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) to provide legal advice or act as representatives on your behalf. If you hire one, your application will be refused.

How to Become ICCRC Member

To become a member of ICCRC, a Canadian immigration consultant must:

  • Provide satisfactory police certificates from Canada and every country in which they have lived for at least 6 months
  • Complete a Canadian accredited education program
  • Pass an ICCRC-approved English or French language proficiency test
  • Pass a Full Skills Exam set by ICCRC
  • Be a Canadian citizen or a Canadian permanent resident
  • Have a business registration or work for a registered business
  • Hold a Professional Errors and Omissions Insurance
  • Pay annual professional fees to ICCRC
  • Maintain client accounts and keep their payments secure
  • Complete annual mandatory professional education

For your own protection, choose the right immigration representative.
At CanadaImmigration.Services we have in-depth knowledge of Canadian immigration laws and policies, and we upgrade our knowledge and skills regularly to keep up with the latest Canadian laws.